24 December 2016

Wonderland Buffett at Cinnamon Restaurant of Mandarin Oriental Jakarta

In Christmas time, there is a tradition to sit with the people you love in a dining table to share some loves and happiness to each others. It is the right time to show how much you care by sharing some stories on the table and to show how thankful you are with the life that gives you many good things by sharing some cooked-with-love dishes.

"The dining table is a good place to warm the love and show some affections."




It is exactly what happen when I get the invitation from the Mandarin Oriental Jakarta to preview Wonderland Buffet at its Cinnamon Restaurant. I sit together with the lovely people to talk about happy things and to eat some delicious food presented by Executive Chef Cyril Calmet and the creative culinary team of Cinnamon Restaurant. It is also a lovely reunion with Mrs. T. Marlene Danusutedjo. Congratulation for your new job, Mrs. Marlene! I am happy for you!

"When you are happy, I am happy too.
That is what I call true friendship."

Let's start the Christmas Dinner, shall we?




APPETIZER

Eggnog 




Oh my lion and dragon! This is my favorite one! I remember that my former boss from Australia introduced me to Eggnog for the first time, and I love it! But Eggnog is not a part of Indonesian Christmas tradition, so it is hard for me to find Eggnog in Jakarta. And when I see this Eggnog in front of me at the dining table in Cinnamon Restaurant, I have a joy in my heart! Finally I find Eggnog again! Yeay!

"When you miss someone, your soul will search for something to represent the beloved one."

Eggnog is an egg milk punch made from milk, cream, sugar, whipped eggs, and rum. The Eggnog in Cinnamon Restaurant is very creamy with thick cream. So creamy that you can't feel the rum in it, and so thick that you need to use spoon to drink it. Sluuurrrppp! Yummy!


Terrine, Cured Salmon, Antipasti, and Condiments






This plate is another favorite in my heart. The Terrine is savory and chewy, while the rest of Salmon and Seafood are fresh and straight to the point! Very good to create more appetite in my hungry tummy. LOL!

"Feed the hungry people, and the world will be a peaceful place."


Beef Tartar and Truffle Whipped Cream




I just can't imagine how Beef Tartar is mixed with Whipped Cream, and both of them are placed into a cone. This is definitely not an ice cream. LOL! But hey, it is a very creative idea by Chef Cyril Calmet to make such a delicious dish in beautiful and creative package.

"Creative people turn the world around."

The taste of Beef Tartar and Truffle Whipped Cream in Cinnamon Restaurant is fresh, rich and crunchy. Thanks to the cone that wrap it, but I need to eat it in a hurry before the cone is melted by the cream. Go! Go! Go!


Seared Foie Grass and Fig Chutney 




Fig Chutney is usually made from fig, vinegar, sugar, onion, ginger, mustard seeds, lemon zest, cinnamon stick, salt, allspice, and cloves. The texture is soft and thick. When the Fig Chutney is combined with Seared Foie Grass, the taste of the Foie Grass is really upgraded.

"Play around with the ingredients in your food.
It will create brand new happiness."

In my mind, the taste of some of the Foie Grass can be a little bit weird, but the chefs in Cinnamon Restaurant really know how to change the perception. The taste becomes sweet and nice. Thanks to the Fig Chutney. That is awesome!


Duck Breasts, Smooth Pumpkin Puree, Apple and Walnut




The Duck Breast is very tender. The Pumpkin Puree adds some color to the dish and increases the taste of the duck. The Apple and Walnut balance the dish with their freshness and earthy feeling. More, please :-D

"When you want something more, just ask.
Don't be shy."


MAIN COURSE

Christmas Wonderland Buffet Highlights 

Talking about buffet, Cinnamon Restaurant has many thing to offer. Without anymore comments from me, please enjoy the beautiful food photography of the Buffet menu in Cinnamon Restaurant from the lens of my camera.

"It is not about the camera and the lens.
It is all about the person behind the camera."


























DESSERTS

Assorted Christmas Delights 

From Mandarin Oriental Jakarta Cake Shop, the friendly and full-of-smile Executive Pastry Chef Remi Martinazzo presents various of desserts, cookies and sweet cakes. They are very good for those people who want to sweeten their dry days :-D

"Keep smiling, and the world will smile back at you."



















Thank you very much, Mandarin Oriental Jakarta, Mrs. T. Marlene Danusutedjo, Executive Chef Cyril Calmet, Executive Pastry Chef Remi Martinazzo, and the creative culinary team of Cinnamon Restaurant, for your massive attentions to my hungry belly! You guys know how to change it to become a happy belly. LOL!

"Happy belly means happy soul."

You guys rock my early Christmas Lunch and Dinner. It is never too early to celebrate it, right? Because I want to celebrate Christmas everyday! Ho! Ho! Ho!




Merry Christmas, everyone! Have a sexy New Year 2017!

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas with every Christmas card I write.
May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be white."



MANDARIN ORIENTAL JAKARTA
Jalan M.H. Thamrin,
Jakarta 10310 
Indonesia
Tel: +62 (21) 2993 8888
Email: mojkt-reservations@mohg.com


No comments:

Post a Comment