09 August 2022

My Journey Taking The Practice Session On T-BOSIET – Digital Delivery And TSbB By OPITO At Samson Tiara




This is the story of my journey when I took the Practice Session on:
- T-BOSIET (Tropical – Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) – Digital Delivery
- TSbB (Travel Safely by Boat)

Both courses are provided by OPITO at Samson Tiara.

After completing the T-BOSIET – Digital Delivery and Travel Safely by Boat provided by OPITO at PT Samson Tiara in the form of an Online Course on 20 July 2022, then I had to practice at the Samson Tiara Cilegon Training Center on 1 August 2022.

Note: The story about T-BOSIET – Digital Delivery that I had done can be read at https://astridamalia.blogspot.com/2022/07/opito-digital-delivery-t-bosiet.html

This course gave me an understanding of the importance of Safety so that we can and will survive.


"Life is a gift, Death is the end of everything, and Safety And Survival are the obligations that we must do.” - Astrid Amalia


Prepare yourself to enjoy all my curiosity and satisfaction when I did this practice.

Note: Since I did a practice from a course that teaches about life and death – a knowledge that I just learned, and also about working Offshore – a job that I have never done, please understand if I wrote about the practice and the course with my honest words and sentences. I feel excited and very curious and very eager to learn :-)


T-BOSIET and TSbB – Practice at Samson Tiara Cilegon Training Center

Requirements

Since I had to use my body to take the Practice Sessions at Samson Tiara Cilegon Training Center, and this course might cause stress, I must take responsibility for:
- Completing the course well
- Confirming that I am fit and healthy
- Not in a state of injury

Therefore, I must fulfill all the requirements that had been determined by Samson Tiara by submitting:
- A form stating that I had read and understood the rules from Samson Tiara and that I am fit and healthy
- A valid Medical Check Up
- Antigen Swab was done 1 day before the course





Transportation

Because the Samson Tiara Training Center is located in Cilegon, Samson Tiara provides “go and return and to and from” transportation from Jakarta to Cilegon using the Big Bird Bus. Because the Big Bird Bus departed from the area located next to the Century Atlet Hotel (Jl. Pintu Satu, Senayan, Jakarta) at 6 am, so I woke up at 3 am and arrived at Century Atlet Hotel at 4 am :- )

Why does the bus leave at 6am? Because:
- The time it takes to get to Cilegon from Jakarta is about 2 hours
- The course starts at 8am and latecomers will not be allowed to attend class

One thing that is also important is: Participants who want to go to the training center using their own car must report this to Samson Tiara at least one day before the course starts.

How to find the location of the Big Bird Bus? I asked the officers who work at the Century Atlet Hotel and they kindly gave me the right directions to find the Big Bird Bus which had the Samson Tiara print on the front window. The same bus took me back to Jakarta from Cilegon after I finished my course.

Note: Because I arrived too early, the officer who works at the Century Atlet Hotel invited me to sit in the lobby of the Century Atlet Hotel before visiting the pick-up point. A wonderful blessing was given by my Lord Jesus Christ. Another blessing from Him happened before when the Online Taxi Driver I ordered drove his car faster but still in a safe way. I believe that all good and best things always come from and are given by the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ.

Second Note: In the end, I realized that I had taken the best and safest way at that time. After that, it turned out that several other obstacles and disturbances occurred, but my Beloved Lord Jesus Christ comforted me by providing the best solution for me at that time. Thank you, my Dear Lord Jesus Christ, for the safety You have given me. Amen.

"My Lord Jesus Christ whom I love and have loved me as I am, I believe in Your Power and Strength. Please deliver me from evil and please grant me peace. Amen."

“I never count the Blessings given by the Lord Jesus Christ by their number and size. I always focus on their existence: there is, there has always been and there will always be.” - Astrid Amalia








Area To Drink And Eat

When I arrived at the Samson Tiara Cilegon Training Center, the area that provides Morning and Afternoon Coffee and Tea already said "Welcome" very friendly :-)

Drinking Water, Coffee, and Tea are always provided for participants during the course. Other best facilities provided by Samson Tiara are:
- Lunch Packages
- Snack Packages

This area can also be considered as a Living Room or Gathering Point for participants where I can rest and enjoy the best food, snacks, Coffee, and Tea while chatting and having relaxed moments with the other participants.




Equipment

When conducting the practice on T-BOSIET and TSbB at Samson Tiara Cilegon Training Center, some of the equipment that had been prepared were:
- Uniform / clothes
- Shoes that need to be used in the Fire House and swimming pool area
- Towel
- Shampoo
- Soap

For personal use, I've brought my personal stuff:
- Socks that must be used when wearing Fire Boots
- Swimsuit
- Underwear




Practice Session on T-BOSIET and TSbB at Samson Tiara Cilegon Training Center




Opening Session

The practice started with an Opening Session where I met one of the Instructors at Samson Tiara who refreshed the Theory I learned and got at Digital Delivery. The Instructor also provided information about the Practice to be carried out.

Some of the theories discussed by the Instructor to refresh my memory were:
- Offshore hazards and risks (identify and control)
- Offshore Installation Operation
- Safety management on Offshore Installation
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for working on Offshore Installations

In this session, I started to feel my passion to learn about Safety and Survival. I believe that this course and practice would provide an experience that I would always remember and never want to forget.

Note: Samson Tiara provides OPITO BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) and OPITO T-BOSIET (Tropical – Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) in the form of Regular Class and Digital Delivery. The Regular Class is held for 3 days at the Samson Tiara Cilegon Training Center. The Digital Delivery is carried out Online for 1 day wherever the participants are using a PC, Laptop, and Internet Connection, and the Practice Session is carried out for 1 day at the Samson Tiara Cilegon Training Center.





Medical Check

Before practicing, Samson Tiara required me to check my health again by visiting the Medical Room and meeting the Medical Team who work at Samson Tiara. Samson Tiara wanted to make sure that I was fit, healthy, and not under stress.

The Medical Team checked my heartbeat and my ears. Everything was alright. I was still healthy and fit and not stressed yet :-))

Personal Opinion: The fact that happened was that while doing the practice, I experienced stress. Maybe because I was afraid of darkness, fire, shock, and others. Fortunately, I could deal with the stress that came to my mind by always keeping my goals in mind when taking T-BOSIET and TSbB:


“I must have the knowledge of Safety so that I can Survive and stay alive until my plans and tasks that had been determined by my Lord Jesus Christ have been completed by me. Praying alone is not enough, I have to keep trying to do all the good and right things.” - Astrid Amalia



Practice To Fight Fires and Save Me

The first practice I had to do was Fighting Fires and Saving Myself. But before meeting the fire, I had to meet the smoke and darkness.





Practice To Save Me From Smoke House

At the Smoke House owned by Samson Tiara, I gained knowledge of:
- Heat, smoke, and darkness in a room caused by a fire
- How to use the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus / SCBA)
- The way to detect heat is by touching the wall with the back of the palm, not the palm. The back of the palm is used so that the palms that are usually used daily can be protected from heat and fire. In addition, the back of the palm is a more sensitive area so it is easier to detect heat too.
- How to deal with smoke using proper PPE (SCBA)
- Ways to escape from a dark and smoky room

My team and I had to enter the Smoke House 2 times:
- The first time, I did it alone by feeling all over the wall which helped me to walk to the exit. Why did I have to feel the wall? Because the room was very dark, and I couldn't see anything, the wall was another path/guide to the exit.
- The second time, I walked into the Smoke House with the team by holding a team member's shoulder, and I stood at the very back because I was the smallest human on the team :-))

Interesting Experience: As I walked into the Smoke House alone, in the middle of the room, I heard a gentle voice from a man guiding me to put my hands in the right place. Because the room was very dark, I could not see the face and body of the person guiding me. This was a question for me for a few days after taking the practice. Was the man a human or not? Because I couldn't hold my curiosity anymore, I finally asked the Training Manager at Samson Tiara – Hidayatu Solihin – if there was an Instructor in the room, and he replied that there was indeed an Instructor in the dark, smoky room and the instructor had used SCBA. An answer that puts my mind at ease. But my question still remains: If it was the Instructor at Samson Tiara who was guiding me, then how could he see me and my hands when we were both in a dark and smoky room? In the end, I leave this final question to the Universe :-))

Practice For Fighting Fires In Open Area

The practice of putting out fires in the Open Area was the most stressful time for me because I am afraid of fire! But there was nothing I could do, so I made myself strong enough to do this practice bravely. Yes, I wanted to have the right skills to save myself when a fire occurs :-)


“Dear My Lord Jesus Christ, I hope there will be no fire near me. If a fire breaks out near me, please protect, save and guide me. I believe in Your Plan and Your Power. Amen." - Astrid Amalia


The practice of extinguishing fires was carried out using several fire extinguishers.

Notes:
- Class A Fires occur in flammable non-metallic solids (paper, cloth, rubber, plastic, etc.)
- Class B Fires occur in flammable liquids (oil, alcohol, solvent, etc.)
- Class C Fires occur in electricity and high-voltage electrical installations
- Class F Fires occur in cooking fats and oils





Fire Blanket

The first fire extinguisher used was the Fire Blanket. This tool is made of various fire-resistant materials (fiberglass, wool, and others) which are useful for wrapping objects exposed to fire and extinguishing them. This tool will cut off the supply of Oxygen (which fires need to ignite in the Fire Triangle) so that the fire can be extinguished. This tool is usually stored in homes, offices, factories & workshops. This tool is used to extinguish Class A, B, and F Fires.

This tool was used by holding the tip, pointing the tool at the fire point, placing the tool over the fire point carefully and slowly, closing the entire fire point to cut off the flow of Oxygen, and the fire was extinguished.









Light Fire Extinguisher

The next fire extinguisher used is the Light Fire Extinguisher:

- Dry Chemical Powder: This tool consists of Dry Chemical Powder, a combination of Mono-Ammonium and Ammonium Sulphate. Chemical Dry Powder released will cover the burning material to separate Oxygen which is an important element for fires. This tool can extinguish Class A, B, and C Fires that occur in cars, offices, housing, schools, hospitals, gas stations, and warehouses. This tool is not recommended for use in the Industrial World because it will damage the surrounding production equipment.
- Foam: This tool consists of Chemicals in the form of Foam. Foam can extinguish fire well. The foam that comes into the fire will cover the burning material so that Oxygen cannot enter and continue the fire. This tool can extinguish Class A and B Fires.
- Water: This tool contains water with high pressure. This appliance can extinguish Class A Fires, but should not be used to extinguish Class C Fires.
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2): This tool uses Carbon Dioxide (CO2) material which has a fairly cold temperature and a greater weight than Oxygen, so CO2 can cool the heat source at the fire point and bind Oxygen and isolate it. This tool can extinguish Class B and C Fires, especially those that occur in storage areas, computer rooms, laboratories and,, others. This tool can not be used in an enclosed space, because CO2 can interfere with breathing if used in a closed room.

Personal Opinion: The Fire Extinguishers may seem light, but as a tiny human being, I felt that some tools were big and heavy. I had to admit that I had a hard time lifting and carrying some of the big and heavy fire extinguishers. The big and heavy fire extinguisher can only be lifted and carried perfectly by a tall, strong, brave, and mighty Firefighter, not by me who is small and petite :-D


Practice To Save Me From An Overturned Helicopter Under Water

Personal Opinion: As a human who had traveled to various cities and seas, in the beginning, I thought that doing practice in the swimming pool by using a Helicopter was an easy and fun thing. After I did the practice, my mind told me that the actual journey Offshore had tremendous challenges that had to be recognized and tackled.




Before jumping into the swimming pool at Samson Tiara Cilegon Training Center, I had to:
- Get acquainted with the famous and well-known Helicopter named Samson Tiara Helicopter :-)
- Wearing PPE (life jacket)
- Learn to climb using ropes and nets
- Learn to jump into the sea and swim in the sea with a team
- Learn to climb up the Liferaft









Rope

The practice I did use the rope:
- I had to hold the rope first and transfer one bag from my hand to someone else
- Then, I had to climb the rope first and jump before moving my body from one area to another area







Net

The practice I did use the net:
- The net was already placed on the side of the pool
- I climbed by holding the net and walking on the net
- I had to try to get up by climbing the net using my hands and feet holding on to, and stepping on the net, and the body must be upright or bring my hips to the net
- So that the hands did not get tired, the hands could be placed into the net, so that the one that presses the net was the elbows
- When going up, the knee position should be facing the outside









Jump Into The Pool

The practice I did to jump into the pool and swim with the team:
- Covered nose and mouth with one hand
- Used the other hand to protect the chest
- Then jumped into the pool in an upright position where the feet are the organs that first enter the pool
- When I was in the pool, all team members must join to form a circle and line up so that all team members can help each other to swim together





Liferaft

When I was beside the Liferaft, the way to climb the Liferaft:
- I had to put one foot on the rope located at the edge of the Liferaft
- As I held the other rope, I lifted my body, and my other leg
- Then I had to climb properly until my whole body entered the Liferaft




Rope For Lifting the Body

Usually, another Helicopter (Rescue Helicopter) that saves the victims will throw the rope that is located inside the Rescue Helicopter into the sea to lift the victim's body so that the victim can be taken to the Rescue Helicopter. In this session, I gained the knowledge that the rope that was thrown at me was already in the shape of a circle. When the body was put in a circle, the rope was placed under the armpits to lift the body up.












Helicopter Ditching

When I was inside the Helicopter owned by Samson Tiara, I was given the experience to feel the Helicopter landing in the sea when an emergency occurred:
- Helicopter crashed and sank underwater
- Helicopter suddenly capsized underwater

Fortunately, before the emergency on the Helicopter occurred, the Instructors had reminded me to take the proper action that I had learned and knew when I was studying the theory, which was to escape from the Helicopter.

When things were still safe and comfortable:
- Used and fastened the seat belt
- Held the edge of the chair
- Sat in an upright position

When an emergency occurs:
- Waited and heard instructions from the Helicopter Pilot and Crew
- Bow my head down
- One hand held the bottom of the chair
- The other hand was placed under the knee

When the Helicopter sunk and capsized underwater:
- One hand held the exit door or window and opened the exit door or pushed the window out
- The other hand held the seat belt and released the seat belt
- Then I had to get out and escape from the Helicopter through the exit or the window
- Then I had to inflate the life jacket before going to the Liferaft

Since the Liferaft was located a bit far from the Helicopter, then I had to swim well and right:
- If the water flows and there are waves, then I have to position my chest facing the sky and hug my knees, so that I can still breathe, don't drown, don't feel cold, and give freedom to the water and the waves to direct me to the right location
-If the water is very calm, then with the same position, I can move my hands back and wiggle my legs, so I can swim backward

Personal Opinion: When escaping from the Helicopter the biggest challenges for me were:
- Overcoming my shock when the Helicopter capsized underwater, especially when the window I had to push out of was above. I think the shock came to me because I am used to looking down (looking at Laptops, cellphones, plates, and others).
- Handled the difficulty of pushing the window located above. This difficulty might occur because every day I always train my hand muscles by pushing my hands down, not up :-))

Video Of Helicopter Ditching





Lifeboat

In this course, I was also introduced to Lifeboats which are also an important part of Offshore assets because Lifeboats can:
- Facilitate the evacuation process
- Help to stop incidents
- Assist personnel to leave ships and Offshore facilities

Some interesting things that I found and felt on Lifeboat:
- To get into the Lifeboat, I had to bend down, lower my head and get into the Lifeboat by walking sideways
- I needed to save my head so it doesn't hit the top of the door
- My hands should always hold the side of the door
- Inside the Lifeboat, there was a Rescue Box containing Anti Seasickness Medicine, food, drinks, and more
- If an emergency occurs, the victims who are on the Lifeboat must fast for 24 hours so that the food and drinks in the Rescue Box do not run out immediately

Some interesting facts about Lifeboat:
- Lifeboat can re-stand on its own after being toppled by waves
- Lifeboat can't be sunk
- The lifeboat body is not damaged when dropped into the sea
- Lifeboats can save workers from seawater, strong winds, and bad weather
- Lifeboat has been approved by applicable regulations and all local and international organizations




CPR

Video Of CPR



The last practice I did before taking the exam was CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation). CPR is an action performed to help someone unconscious and not breathing. CPR will open a narrowed or closed airway. CPR is performed with chest compressions.

“CPR should still be done if the victim who fainted suffered a fracture. Breathing that has stopped must be reactivated immediately, and should not be too late, while broken bones can be repaired at any time.”

When someone faints, the first thing to do is:
- Checking the victim's consciousness: Is the victim conscious or unconscious?
- Is the victim responsive or unresponsive?
- Checking the pulse
- Checking the breath

If the victim is not breathing, the next steps to take are:
- Contacting the Medical Team before performing CPR
- Lifting the head and opening the mouth to check the respiratory tract, whether the victim is still breathing or not
- Providing breathing assistance by blowing Oxygen into the mouth (currently, when the COVID Virus attacks the world, this method no longer has to be done)
- Performing Chest Compressions to maintain blood circulation by pressing the center of the chest down hard and quickly several times using both hands until the victim is breathing again
- Allowing the chest to rise back naturally between compressions
- Turning the victim's body to the side after the victim is conscious and can breathe again
- Checking the victim's condition after the victim can breathe and the heart beats: Is the victim injured, has injuries, broken bones, and others?







Other Practices

Another practice I saw was BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training). The difference between BOSIET and T-BOSIET only lies in the work location and the equipment that must be used.

Because BOSIET is given to personnel who work in cold water climates, during HUET (Helicopter Underwater Escape Training), participants use Survival Suits equipped with Emergency Breathing Systems (EBS) which can protect personnel from cold water. This equipment should be used when working in cold waters, such as in the UK and Europe.

Because T-BOSIET (Tropical – Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) is given to personnel working in Tropical areas, the equipment used is standard.


Exam

After I finished doing all the practice, I had to take the final exam. This final exam checked whether I had a good understanding of T-BOSIET and TSbB and whether I had the right knowledge.

After completing the examination, the Instructor who accompanied me stated that I had succeeded in answering the questions well and I was declared to have successfully passed.




Graduated

In the end, I feel happy and proud to share the information that I have completed T-BOSIET (Tropical - Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training) – Digital Delivery and TSbB (Travel Safely By Boat) by OPITO at Samson Tiara, both theory and practice sessions, and passed.

I am grateful to be able to take the Digital Course, do the practices, and finish the final assessment so that I have fulfilled the requirements to pass.

Studying T-BOSIET and TSbB by OPITO at Samson Tiara has given me a high-level understanding of Safety and Survival – Offshore and Onshore:
- Security Induction
- Helicopter Safety and Escape (T-BOSIET)
- Sea Survival and First Aid
- Fire Fighting and Self-Rescue

I am proud to have knowledge of Safety and Survival and to have the ability to save myself. Safety and Survival are important because we need to live a safe and protected life.

I also hope that I can travel anywhere safely and happily. I need to be able to save myself first so I can move on with my life, and maybe can save other people too.

As a human who is active in the World of Writer, Image, Art, Digital, Research, Yoga, Cranio Sacral, and Reiki in my daily life, T-BOSIET and TSbB have developed my understanding, knowledge, skills, and abilities in life, safety, and survival. This course has strengthened my desire to make our lives better, safer, and healthier.

For all the great, sharp, and powerful knowledge, abilities, and skills I have acquired, I would like to thank Samson Tiara (Jim Truesdell, Shawn Truesdell, and the rest of the Instructors and staff) and OPITO. I am grateful to have such perfect and great support people – Jim Truesdell and Shawn Truesdell – who always support all of my best plans and works.

The most important thing for me is that I believe that my success to take T-BOSIET and TSbB is a Blessing given by my Lord Jesus Christ who has guided me well to complete this course.


"Thank You, My Lord Jesus Christ, for Your Blessings, Your Graces, Your Guidance, and Your Protection that You have given me. Amen."







PT Samson Tiara / Survival Systems Asia
Kawasan Komersial Cilandak
The Garden Center #6-03 Jl. Raya Cilandak KKO
Jakarta 12560 – Indonesia
Phone: +62217801388
Fax: +62217801389
Email: marketing@survival-systems.com
Email: office@survival-systems.com



#TBOSIET #BOSIET #Tropical #Offshore #Safety #Emergency #Training #Digital #OPITO #SamsonTiara #theory #practical #Course #assessment #graduation #Survival #Onshore #Helicopter #Escape #Sea #Aid #fire #Firefighting #Rescue #knowledge #ability #save #live #safe #protection #life #human #Writer #Image #Art #Research #Yoga #CranioSacral #Reiki #understanding #skill #passion #support #Jesus #Christ #JesusChrist #Mercy #Guidance 

No comments:

Post a Comment