28 September 2019

How To Have Comfort and Safety on Social Media




Nowadays, various Social Media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media applications are the right and good places for almost everyone to promote themselves, show their greatness, share their knowledge, share information, and many other things. I also had the same thought, but I don’t have it anymore.

After going through various experiences on Social Media and attending education about "What Social Media Is All About and How Social Media Can Affect Our Live", I totally change my mind!

These are my best advices so that we all have the comfort and security in Social Media that we have:

  • Lock the Social Media and make it unreadable by anyone.

Our Social Media must indeed be locked and closed so that our stories and various photos on our Social Media are not easily copied and stolen by irresponsible parties. However, if you choose to make your Social Media open and can be read by everyone, then there are still a number of Social Media Security applications that can be downloaded and attached to Social Media, so you know who is taking content from your Social Media without asking for your permission.

  • We have to get to know anyone who follows us on Social Media and reads our Social Media.

It is very important to know who follows and reads our Social Media, because we must believe and trust that they are good people and will not do bad things that we don't know.
(Note: I was sent an inappropriate message on one of the Social Media by the person that I didn’t know. When I tried to investigate about this case, the sender of the message even threatened me. This makes me even more careful to connect with various people on Social Media.)

  • Limit our relationships and connections with various people on Social Media.

We still have the right to have secret relationships with the people we know very well. No one must know who our friends are and what we do in our lives, unless we are in the process of promoting and selling ourselves in our business and work.
(Note: I myself feel uncomfortable with the word "mutual" on Social Media which makes other people know about anyone who is connected with me. If there are some people who know about anyone who is connected with me, they feel that they can also relate to me, even though I don’t know them. If I don't know them, of course I don't want to be in contact with them.)


  • Be careful in having relationships and connections with anyone on Social Media. Anyone!

(Note: I myself finally reduced all followers of my Social Media, especially those who were female, because I had been treated wrongly by a woman from my family who approached my best male friend who comes from another country. Connecting with anyone is the right of everyone, but this certainly becomes a problem when there are other people who feel disturbed. So, my kind and polite male friend questioned me about the woman who tried to relate to him even though they didn't know each other. My best male friend is a good man who only wants to deal with people he already knows, and of course he didn’t want to be associated with this woman whom he didn’t know. Later, I also found out that this woman approached my other male business friend for inappropriate purposes. In the end, I removed her from all of my Social Media and I blocked her!)

"Finally, I advise all of you to always be careful on Social Media because some people want to steal what you have, want to know your personal life and want to do things that are not right."

(Note: I will update this article if I have much better informations about Social Media.)


"Special Note: The picture above is taken from Lisa Fotios from Pexels at: https://www.pexels.com/photo/selective-focus-photography-of-person-holding-turned-on-smartphone-1092644/ ."


No comments:

Post a Comment