21 March 2018

Art of Massage at Arkipela Spa and Wellness in Bali



I have a big secret that I have been keeping all this time that I like to visit some massage spas in Jakarta and Bali to enjoy their massage and learn about the massage techniques they apply to their customers. Though it is kind of hard to memorize all the massage techniques while I sleep (Yep, I always fall asleep when the therapists massage me. LOL!), but I always try to remember all the pressures, the points where they press, and the way they do the massage sessions. When the massage sessions have finished, I usually try to apply the techniques to my yoga and therapy clients. This is something good to learn for me as a yoga teacher and a health therapist.

Front Area of Arkipela Spa and Wellness

On the recent visit to Bali, I have a good time to relax and enjoy my me-time by visiting Arkipela Spa and Wellness in Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali and get a really nice massage there. I must admit that I really enjoy the massage service and learn a lot too from this spa. Let me share my massage experience in Arkipela with you.

Welcome to Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Astrid Amalia and the friendly staffs at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Arkipela Spa and Wellness is located on the 5th Floor of Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali. It can be accessed from the resort lobby and from Samasta Lifestyle Village (the Balinese-inspired retail mall for shopping, wining and dining). 

Indonesian traditional fabrics at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

As a big fan of massage in the spa, I know that most spas I visited look half dark and too packed as their size is not big. When I see Arkipela Spa and Wellness, I feel that it is totally a different thing. The interior of Arkipela is unique and artistic, big and large, clear and soothing. It is a unique combination of modern design and Indonesian culture. All corners in the spa are beautiful. Some kind of a perfect place for me who like to be in a beautiful place.

Reception area at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

When I arrive at the reception area, there are some cabinets that display all the Arkipela Spa and Wellness products, and a big table where I can see the herbs, roots and spices that Arkipela uses as the potions to make its customers happy. Happy potions! 

Display table in Reception Area of Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Spa products at Arkipela Spa & Wellness

Spa products at Arkipela Spa & Wellness

Spa products at Arkipela Spa & Wellness

Massage potions at Arkipela Spa & Wellness

Massage potions at Arkipela Spa & Wellness

Massage potions at Arkipela Spa & Wellness

Oil Massage at Arkipela Spa & Wellness

A friendly staff then greets me and asks me some questions about what I want from the services in Arkipela Spa and Wellness. She also gives me a form to fill on the iPad before explaining about the type of massage that I get. I need to fill the form because Arkipela needs to make sure about my health condition and find out about what I want from the massage service there. The staffs here then adjust the massage type with my current condition and what I expect. It is very impressive that they care about my health condition and my need. I never have this in the other spas.

When I fill the form, another staff serves me a healthy Green Juice that tastes very fresh!

Green Juice at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Based on the form I fill, the staff in Arkipela decides to give me 90 minutes Arkipela Signature Massage. The massage techniques will refresh my body, increase the circulation in my body, balance my soul, and clear the blockages in my mind. Sounds very pacifying!
Besides the massage type she offers me, Arkipela Spa and Wellness has many massage types that are taken from Indonesian massage method and culture. The customers can choose the massage type from Java, Sumatra, Sulawesi, Bali, and many more. Can you imagine the number of massage type in Arkipela? Well, it feels like traveling to the islands in Indonesia through a touch of massage.   

Road to Massage Rooms at Arkipela Spa & Wellness

Artistic water bowls at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

After I agree to accept such a lovely choice of massage type, the female staff guides me to the massage room. The journey to the massage room is another unforgettable experience. I feel like walking inside the Palace of Arts. It is very luxurious and exclusive. There are some big bowls filled with water and comfortable lights that give a “Zen” ambience. 

Massage Room for Couple at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

When she opens the door to the private massage room, another level of my happy journey starts. The room has two therapy beds, a bath tub, a toilet and a changing room. If the size of one room is this big, can you imagine how big the other rooms are? Now you know how big Arkipela Spa is!

Foot Massage at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Foot Massage at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Inside the massage room, there are two massage therapists who will treat me and my sister. (Oh yeah, I bring my sister to Bali). They ask us to change clothes and get relax at the chairs. We start the therapy with foot massage using Salt, Lime and other things. Super!!! 

Astrid Amalia at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

After the foot massage finishes, I move to therapy bed where I have to lay down on my chest. Before the massage starts, the therapist asks me to breath in and out three times to relax my body and mind. And yes, I slowly feel very relax. 

Bath tub at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

At this therapy bed, I learn more about massage, pressure and light touch. The therapist carefully presses her palms on my body lightly and only place deep pressures from her thumbs and fingers on certain points, starting from the back side at the beginning to the front side of my body at the end. She uses press and slide techniques too that really clear all the blockages in my body. I can really feel my blood flow starts to run again! The massage is very slow and mindful, and all the pressures are very gentle and light that every proper space is taken care of. The massage technique is very professional as the therapist doesn’t touch any sensitive areas, and it is very relaxing that I don’t feel too painful and too harsh.

Astrid Amalia at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Astrid Amalia at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Therapy beds and bath tub in Arkipela Spa and Wellness

When the massage session is finished, the therapist ask me to directly put my clothes on without taking a shower. She says that taking a shower directly after the massage will give me cold, and I should let all the oil and the potion to absorb inside my skin. What a good lesson! All this time, I always took a shower after every massage I got at other spas, and now I know I did it the wrong way. But hey, I learned my lessons now. 

Green Juice and Ginger Tea at Arkipela Spa & Wellness

After I put my clothes back, the therapist offers me a cup of Ginger Tea. For a moment, I enjoy the bliss that runs inside my brain to my throat. My skin is very moist and soft, and I feel very fresh, relax and happy. 


Before I leave Arkipela Spa and Wellness, I ask the staffs there if they can take me around for a short tour. One of them agrees with a big smile on her face. Yeay! Arkipela has many types of room, starting from Single Massage Room, Massage Room for Couple, and many more.

Private Massage Room at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Massage Room at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Massage Room at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Arkipela Spa and Wellness has a lounge room too for the guests if they want to stay longer at the spa, either while waiting for the treatment or after the treatment. The lounge is private and cozy. Wow!

Lounge Room at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Over all, I think it is very wonderful to be in Arkipela Spa and Wellness to get really relaxing and insightful experience as what I get is more than just a massage. The relaxing journey is very complete, from foot massage, body massage, and a warm drink. The staffs here are very good that they really care if I feel happy and satisfied. The massage therapist is very professional, and I learn a lot from her. The things I learn here can really be used for my yoga and therapy clients. Thank you very much! I want to do it again. 

Interior at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

Interior at Arkipela Spa and Wellness

For your information that Arkipela Spa opens to both in-house guests and outside customers. So yes, you can enjoy the services at the spa without staying in Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali. Isn’t it nice?

Thank you, Arkipela Spa and Wellness in Jimbaran, Bali! I hope to visit you again very soon!  




Arkipela Spa and Wellness at Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali
Jl. Wanagiri No. 1,
Jimbaran, Kuta,
Bali
Indonesia 

No comments:

Post a Comment