11 April 2016

Style Luncheon in the SKYE Bistro and Lounge


SKYE Bistro and Lounge   
BCA Tower, Level 56
Grand Indonesia Shopping Town
Jl. MH. Thamrin No. 1
Jakarta 
Tel: 2358-6996
Website: www.ismaya.com/skye 




SKYE by Ismaya Group is not a new place for me. I have been here before, but I always come at night time for drinking and hanging out with friends while enjoying Jakarta with lights from a high level. So when SKYE invites me in the afternoon for the launch of their new food menus at "Style Luncheon in the SKYE" event, I am wondering if I will get the same feeling like those nights. But when I arrive at the venue that afternoon, I realize that I get a brand new feeling about SKYE! 


As I enter SKYE, I can see that it has two sections. The outdoor area is opened all day for people who want to drinks, have light snacks and take some pictures of the beautiful view of Jakarta. The indoor area is a dining space that opens for lunch and dinner.

Being at SKYE in the afternoon feels like hanging around at the beach without sands. It is a good quick getaway area for Jakartans from their daily busy lives. I can see many people hanging around at the bar area and the outdoor section to sit and / or take picture.





The view in the afternoon is much better as I can see half of Jakarta clearly. From the 56th floor of BCA Tower Rooftop - Grand Indonesia, Thamrin, SKYE, I realize that Jakarta is not that big city. I can see everything, including the sea next to Jakarta area. Such a beautiful panoramic view of Jakarta!       




THE FOOD

Okay! Let's eat, everyone! 




Poke Cones 
Marinated Diced Tuna, Wasabi Cream Fraiche, Avocado Sorbet, Jalapeno 

Poke Cones

This food is a good one for opening the taste in my mouth. I love to taste the freshness of sour cream inside the cone, and this is a healthy snack as it has the yummy avocado inside. This can also be taken as a light snack to accompany your chit chat with some friends.  


Crispy Chicken Sliders
Black Buns, Crispy Southern Chicken, Spicy Harissa, Coriander Yoghurt

Crispy Chicken Sliders

Another nice snacks to be shared with friends. For those who love burgers but are too full to eat, or if you have some friends around you, these burgers are great. Not too heavy. They are light for your belly.


Beef Short Rib
Green Pea Mash, Yorkshire Pudding, Mint Gremolata

Beef Short Rib

Yorkshire pudding is a staple of the traditional British Sunday roast made from batter consisting of eggs, flour, and milk or water. The pudding is served with beef and green pea mash. The combination of beef and green pea mash makes a perfect heathy meal, while the pudding helps to fill the stomach more. Very perfect for the hungry belly!


Fettuccine Nero Al Vongole 
Squid Ink Fettuccine, Batik Clams, Baby Shrimp, Bottarga, Lemon Mollica 

Fettuccine Nero Al Vongole

This food is definitely my favorite food! I like the sea taste in the fettuccine caused by the squid ink in it. I always love squid ink! The fettuccine is a bit salty and savory, which means it is good enough for a salty-tooth-kind-of-person like me :-))
Just funny that the clam shell looks like my batik dress. That is why they are called Batik Clams. So pretty :-)
  

Massaman Lamb Shank
Thai Braised Lamb Shank, Baby Potatoes, Peanuts, Coconut Cream, Thai Basil 

Massaman Lamb Shank

This meal reminds me of the famous Indonesian food at Eid Al-Fitr Celebration called Gulai Kambing (Lamb Curry) or even Rendang. The difference is that this meal tastes lighter than them. The lamb is not smelly, and its taste is like any other meat. This shows that the chefs have done their best to take off the "Lamb tracks".
I guess the Massaman Lamb Shank is good for those who wants to try Lamb Curry without any weird smell and taste. And maybe you can order it when you have nobody to cook at your Eid Al-Fitr Celebration :-)


Spicy Grilled Chicken 
Sriracha Chili, Caramel, Fried Eggplant Salad, Thai Basil, Crispy Shallots

Spicy Grilled Chicken

The chicken has not too spicy taste with a lil bit of fresh garden taste in my mouth. I can feel the sweetness of this chicken meal, maybe from the delicious caramel. This meal is also good to be combined with rice or potato.


Beef Tataki 
Crispy Tortilla, Teriyaki Aioli, Roasted Chili, Rocket 

Beef Tataki

Tataki means “pounded” in Japanese, but Beef Tataki refers to a Japanese method of preparing fillet beef, where the meat is lightly seared, marinated, sliced thinly similar to sashimi, and served with a citrus-soy dipping sauce. In SKYE, the Beef Tataki is made like pizza with crispy tortilla under the beef. They even cut the Beef Tataki like pizza. Yummy and light!


Garden in a Bowl 
Lavender, Sorbet     

Garden in a Bowl

Garden in a bowl? Is it Terrarium? Noooo :-D
This is a nice dessert you can find at SKYE. Inside the bowl, you can find Berry Soft Pudding, Sorbet, Cream, Lavender and many more. I eat the Lavender! Yes, I eat it! But I combine it with the Sorbet, so it is still considered as fine for my mouth. LOL!
I guess the right companion for the dessert is a cup of black coffee. Well, go ahead and try it!     



EXECUTIVE CHEF HAMISH LINDSAY

The bad guy behind all the delicious food is the Executive Chef Hamish Lindsay. Yep, I accuse him for all the fullness in my belly. LOL!

Executive Chef Hamish Lindsay



Chef Hamish is a Kiwi who has been living in Indonesia for more than 10 years. With all of his experiences working in some resorts in Bali, I think he knows how to satisfy Indonesian tongues.
He also suggests that all these food should be paired with red wine or water. That is what I do and he is right. Thank you, Chef Hamish. 


If you want to taste all of the food above, don't forget to reserve first to get your seat. Or else, you can just walk to the outdoor section and try their delicious cocktails.

Have a great meal, everyone!


With Executive Chef Hamish Lindsay










No comments:

Post a Comment